Anna Zaradny graduated in conducting and music theory at the Szczecin branch of the Academy of Music in Poznań. She lives and works in Warsaw. Sound and visual artist, composer, improviser. As a composer and instrumentalist she works in a wide spectrum of genres: from acoustic improvised music with a contemporary minimalist language to the complex structures of experimental electronic music compositions. As a visual artist, Zaradny creates in various media including installations, objects, photography and video. The artist uses abstraction, micro sound and architectonic elements, lights and space. Her pieces are marked by the ambiguity and the relationship between medium and ideas.
The winner of audience art prize, Deutsche Bank and Zachęta National Gallery of Art “Views 2011”.
Download press photo here (by Grzegorz Mart / Studio FilmLove)
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Resonance FM show on Varg, Julien Desprez and Anna Zaradny in Riga
- Pictures: Skaņu Mežs at Riga’s White Night event
- SHAPE platform announces artist list of 2017