ORPHAN SWORDS is a Brussels-based duo that “crafts some of the most menacing modern electronics in the game”, according to Electronic Beats. Their critically-acclaimed music, described as “a brutal hypnosis” by Ransom Note, has been released on Idiosyncratics, Desire Records and Clan Destine.
The duo have collaborated with Ike Yard’s Stuart Argabright on several occasions, and have been remixed by Helm, Paul Purgas (Emptyset), Svengalisghost, Prostitutes, Dwellings (GNOD)… They’ve performed alongside Vatican Shadow, The Body, Black Rain, Extreme Precautions, Kyoka and more.
Orphan Swords’ upcoming WEEHAWKEN release is their first full length for Clan Destine (spring 2016) and follows the epic track, “Astaroth”, that figured on the label’s Dark Acid V compilation in 2015. WEEHAWKEN features both brand new and classic Orphan Swords material that has not yet been released on vinyl, including the seminal track, “Dantalion”.
Download a hi-res press photo here (Credit: Inkeri Harri)
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Photos: SHAPE Bucharest 2016
- August news from SHAPE platform
- Demonology and the world of finance: An interview with Orphan Swords
- Stream our latest Resonance FM radio show
- Orphan Swords mix for NTS Live
- Orphan Swords track accompanies Van Beirendonck fashion show