Hiele’s music surfaces in the form of hard to pin point electronica, built on a long time obsession for synthetic sound creation and jazz studies. On stage, Hiele plays with expectation, going past what is considered conventional, blending improvisational and classical elements into a no-nonsense personal idiom.
Hiele has released his music on the Antwerp based label Ekster (Ritmische Bezinning 2016, Essential Oils 2014, Hiele 2013,). In 2016, YYAA Recordings released Hiele’s performance in the Schinkel Pavilion, Berlin 2014. In November 2016, Hiele released his first OST to the documentary Saints via Ekster.
Download a press photo here (credit: Hildegard Hanssen).
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Dynamons, Waclaw Zimpel, Hiele on our latest Resonance FM show
- Hiele mix for NTS Live
- Hiele releases new collaborative record with Lieven Martens
- Hiele discusses Antwerp music scene, soundtracks and fisherman’s songs
- SHAPE platform announces artist list of 2017
- TOLE mix for Resonance FM