Catnapp combines R&B, rap, breakbeat, pop, drum and bass and other genres resulting in an intense and sometimes nostalgic atmosphere with fat beats. Songs run through the simplest “girly” lyrics with a 4/4 beat to the deepest and scariest childhood memories with huge, compressed pads and synths, resulting in a unique and original sound. Now based in Berlin, Catnapp is originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina. In 2017 she founded the label NAPP Records. Having released four EPs, three LPs, two remix albums and two singles, she has performed at Boiler Room (Berlin), Rokolectiv (Bucharest), Creamfields main stage Buenos Aires in 2014, Secret Garden Party UK (2015), Midsommar Festival CH (2015), Gold Mine Festival FR (2015), Pacha Buenos Aires, Niceto Club, Bahrein, Jet, Crobar, and many others.
She participated at Red Bull Music Academy Bass Camp 2015, shared the lineup with Tricky, Mix Master Mike, Dj Koze, Bomba Estereo, and many others, and collaborated with Nocturnal Sunshine aka Maya Jane Coles , Mercurio (for Hernan Cattaneo’s 56th Balance ), Douster, South Rakkas, Elephant Pixel, amongst others. The collaboration with Marciano’s Crew “Today Tomorrow”, is part of the soundtrack of the movie Focus, premiered last February and starring Will Smith. She is currently presenting her EP Back and the single “Flame Bitch”.
Download press photo here (Credit: Fiona Castiñeira)
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Photos: SHAPE @ MeetFactory with Catnapp, Umbra and TUTU
- Listen to our latest NTS show featuring TUTU
- Photos: SHAPE @ Insomnia Festival 2018
- Catnapp presents Argentinian underground on Cashmere Radio
- SONICA artist mix by NinaBelle (Warrego Valles) for Resonance Extra
- Music by Catnapp featured in Rihanna’s fashion show
- Catnapp mix for Cashmere Radio
- Listen to our latest Resonance FM show with Catnapp and Umbra
- Dark, destroyed, overdriven: An interview with Catnapp
- SHAPE platform announces 2018 list of artists