What do you mean when we say that substance matters?
Perila is a St. Petersburg-born, Berlin-based sound and visual artist, DJ and performer exploring sensitive borderlines and depths of subtle matter. Her sets are thick narratives drifting through rich sound palette immersing a listener into pretty personal trip. Constantly shifting moods and textures of mixes create comfort space for emotions to float, merge, evaporate and ride in a deep context.
Apart from sound practice and research Perila constructs intimate visual, textual, contextual, performative layers to affect a listener on many levels. Practice is aimed to challenge and overcome boundaries and share this expansion with the Other.
Stay in presence. Impermanence and balance.
Download press photo here (Credit: Marissa Patrice Leitman)
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- ‘My sound world is in a constant flux.’ An interview with Perila
- Photos: SHAPE+ at Unsound Krakow 2022
- SHAPE+ platform announces 2022 list of artists