Gábor Lázár is a sound artist living and working in Budapest. He studied electronic music and media arts at University of Pécs. Gábor’s works are real-time recordings of specific combinations of synthesis and compositional techniques.
His early works were released as a split tape with Russell Haswell in 2013, his first album ILS was released on Lorenzo Senni’s imprint Presto!?. He was commissioned for an EP by Boomkat’s label The Death Of Rave resulting EP16 in late 2014.
Meanwhile, Gábor started to collaborate with Mark Fell ending up with a 2LP album due on The Death Of Rave in early 2015. He has presented works at ZKM – Zentrum für Kunst und Medientechnologie in Karlsruhe and recently spent one week residency at EMS – Elektronmusikstudion in Stockholm. Gábor’s latest release EP16 was 8th on Boomkat’s TOP100 SINGLES of 2014 and his album ILS was 1st on Experimedia‘s TOP10 of 2014.
Download a hi-res photo here.
- SHAPE+ announces 2023/2024 roster of artists
- SHAPE+ platform announces open call for 2023/2024
- Photos: SHAPE @ UNSOUND KRAKOW 2018
- Resonance FM broadcast on Schiev
- Photos: SHAPE at Skaņu Mežs’2015
- Gábor Lázár: I’m basically trying to give different answers to my own questions.
- Photos from the SHAPE showcase at ICAS Festival